Monday, December 15, 2008

We're in DOUBLE DIGITS!!!



Yeahhhh! Happy 10 MONTH BIRTHDAY, BRIGGY!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe how BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG my little dumpling is! He has been growing like a weed! He is crusing all around the living room....I'm sure he'll be walking in no time (Lord be with me!) This little boy gets into EVERYTHING!!! As I have mentioned before I have a "ghetto" system of containing him in the living room (aka: Briggy's Clubhouse) but today FINALLY the fence I ordered came in.

Tom is going to pick it up after work and we'll have it set up for Briggy tomorrow---I have a feeling he is NOT going to like being "caged in" too much. But it'll be better and safer for the both of us....
Normally Briggy really doesn't use the pacifer too much during the day. I give it to him when I put him in the carseat to relax him....but its usually something I give him during naps and at night. Well the past few days he has been stuck like glue to his "sucker" Im thinking it has something to do with his top front teeth poking through at an amazing speed. Yes, thats right, my little Brigham is getting his
TWO FRONT TEETH for Christmas! They're such cute little choppers, too. I have to look online, but I'm wondering if I need to brush them? Just with water, I'm assuming, but I haven't done that yet....I struggle to get anywhere near his mouth---so that should be fun....but back to my pacifer point.....Its been freaking me out a little the past few days seeing him with that sucker because I promised myself that around ONE year old we'd be over it.....I think Briggy's new year resolution will be to break the binky habit! I dont want to stop him too close to the birth of the new baby, because that could be traumatic---he'll be jealous of the new baby's binky....so I'm going to give it a whirl. Hopefully it won't be too scary as long as I get it done before he gets a little older....

Briggy's favorites at 10 months:

His little einsteins ocean flip book
Monkers
Sid the Science Kid
Sesame Street
Black people. Honestly, whenever he see's a black actor on tv he lights up and giggles with delight. He's very happy to pretty much everyone in real life, but there was a young black family in the store the other day, and he went wild!! He must like the dark contrast of their skin....
Zippers
Cheese
All food
....

I'm pretty sure hes nearing 22 lbs, and at least 30 inches....he seems to get longer and longer everyday! Since I am only nursing him twice a day (7 am and 7 pm) I started giving him formula mixed with cereal for breakfast. He has never taken a bottle, and he won't drink the formula straight from the sippy cup.....so I am nervous that he isn't getting enough nutrition.
I feed him about five ounces of the soy formula mixed with a lot of rice or oatmeal and usually a smashed up banana, or some fruit for breakfast, about 6 cubes of veggies/yogurt for lunch, a 3:30 snack (usually cheese, eggs or bread) and then a dinner of 6 veggie cubes. Do you all think thats enough? Should I be giving him more formula during the day mixed in with lunch or dinner? its just so hard incorporating the liquid to pureed veggies....it becomes like soup---and I don't want to "block him up" with too much cereal......
what do you think? I asked the doctor and she said since he's growing so well not to worry about it....but of course, I always worry about my once very preemie baby!

I am so proud of my DOUBLE DIGIT big boy! He is sweet, funny, smart, and VERY VERY energetic. That baby has been on the move.....for as long as I can remember! I can't wait for him to play with his cousin Addison this Christmas. He doesn't get to play with too many kids that often, but he loves being around kids when he can. Tom is worried that Addy won't like him because he has a tendency to give "love swats"....we're working on that, and hopefully he will be nice and gentle with our sweet little niece!!

3 comments:

Brianne

Happy 10 month birthday Briggy! You get cuter every day. Good luck with the toothbrush. I still struggle to brush Owen's teeth every day. They do sell toddler toothpaste, it doesn't have any floride in it.

Rains Family

Happy 10 months Briggy! Kelly, you addressed so many things in that post I don't know where to start... Teeth brushing, I give Addy her toothbrush every night (with the baby einstein toothpaste), and she chews on it-- I try and get to the back teeth and it works most of the time. It sounds like Briggy is getting plenty of nutrition-- this is the time where he eats less breastmilk/formula and gets most nutrition from the food. I was only nursing Addy twice a day at that point also and she ate about the same as Briggy-- He's fine! I can't wait for them to play, I'm sure Addy will love him. She's been playing with her friend Will (Briggy's age) alot and she loves to try and feed him- she thinks he's her baby.

The Riddle Family

Hi. This is Craig Riddle's wife. Tom and Craig grew up together in Tracy for a while. My sister-in-law stumbled onto your blog and forwarded it to us. Just wanted to let you know that the Riddle Family will be stopping by your blog occasionally. Congrats on the pregnancy and your son is adorable!