Saturday, September 13, 2008

All about 8

In Babylonian myth there were seven spheres plus an eighth realm, the fixed stars, where the gods lived. As a result, 8 is often associated with paradise. Muslims believe that there are seven hells but eight paradises, signifying God’s mercy. In Buddhism 8 is a lucky number, possibly because of the eight petals of the lotus, a plant associated with luck in India and a favorite Buddhist symbol.



My 8's

8 Things I am Passionate About

1. Thomas Tillotson. I love my sweet husband, and think about him all day long!
2. Brigham Wills. My handsome son, and my side-kick!
3. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Its been my passion for four years now, It's hard to imagine I ever lived my life without it. I am so blessed to now be AWARE of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ's love.
4. Blogging. I used to love journaling when I was younger, but I quit awhile back. Since I type a lot faster (and can insert pictures with a click of a button) I prefer my online journaling now. (And I was notorious for trying to sneak and read my sister's diaries, and now, with blogs, its like sneaking a peek into others lives...which is always interesting)
5. Cooking/Baking. Growing up my mother never really showed me the ropes in the kitchen, which I really wish she did. So when I joined the church and saw how all my "molly mormon" friends were whizzes in the kitchen, I decided to teach myself. I read from at least one cook-book a day, learning new recipes, jotting down skills and watching the Food Network. I even got Tom watching it!
6. Crafting. I love making things cute! I love decorating and jazzing up things that are not-so great to begin with
7. Homes. Ever since I was little, I used to love going to open-houses or the model homes in new developments. I love seeing and planning out different layouts and learning about interior design. And even though I am not handy with a hammer (or any tool for that matter) I get so excited walking into a Home Depot!
8. Binders. Organizing the different facets of life through bindering..thats what I do. I like being able to go to my specific binder and find whatever I need!

8 words or phrases I say often:

1. I Love You!!!
2. Can you rub my back for a minute? (Sorry, Tom)
3. Jeeper Creeper! (My new one for my little creepy-crawler)
4. You have a stinky hiney!
5. Oh my gosh!
6. The Itsy Bitsy Spider.....(Briggy loves that one!)
7. Crab-Apples! (Thanks jess!) I say this now when things seem to go wrong
8. I'm hungry!! (I started that mean detox diet again, and thats what Ive been saying since yesterday)

8 Things I want to do before I die:

1. Visit Italy, Greece, Egypt, Israel, France, The British Isles, Nova Scotia....
2. Attend all of my non-member family's baptisms
3. See all of my children married in the Temple with families
4. Serve a mission with Tom.
5. Meet Paul McCartney
6. Learn to play the piano
7. Learn to sew/knit
8. Go to Dollywood

8 Things I currently want or need:

1. A beautiful house
2. To lose 40 more pounds
3. A new hairstyle and color
4. Tom to find his dream-job
5. To live in the West
6. To have my family and close friends nearby
7. Baby # 2!
8. A scrapbooking room filled to the brim with everything I could ever possibly need!

8 People to Tag:

1. Amy
2. Andie
3. Brianne
4. Devon
5. Jenn
6. Jocelyn
7. Mindy
8. Sariah


Oooh! I almost forgot. Greg had these pictures up on his Facebook. I love the one with "Uncle" Matt.


0 comments: